Friday, October 26, 2007

Research Update

My research is going well as of this point. I have been successful at finding articles in different areas that I wish to hit during my paper. Since I have been doing well it allowed me to lock in on my research topic. When I go into the library next week I want to focus on obtaining more stats and researched data on my topic to help support my claims of my authors. Also, I wish to find research in the area of how this is affecting us as a society and why we should care about the over prescribing of psychotropic medication. I still have a ways to go before even thinking about placing an outline together for my paper. I've only found a handful of articles and I know I need many more. However, it seems to be going well and that it shouldn't be a difficult task to keeping find scholarly articles.

My original question is Are psychotropic medication being over prescribed? I think my research topic question may fall under the category -Synthesizer of Current Best Thinking on a Problem- I am not sure how to reframe the question though for this category. If I had to take a guess I would restate the question as -->> What is the current opinion of psychotropic medication being over prescribed in today's society?

1 comment:

Bridget O'Rourke said...

Good topic and research so far, Kim!